Port Jervis Dental Implants
Advanced Cosmetic & Restorative Dentistry
Dental implants are assured of giving you results that last a long time, with the most amount of comfort. They are also crucial in preserving the bone in your jawline, which then supports the rest of your teeth. Normally, this bone deteriorates when you lose your teeth, decreasing the entire stability of your mouth. However, implants are amazing at safeguarding this bone, leading your mouth to be better protected overall.
Call us at (845) 209-2500 or contact us online to find out more information about our Port Jervis dental implants.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
The steps of receiving your dental implant at Aesthetic Family Dentistry may involve the following:
- An examination to obtain x-rays and models of your teeth and mouth as reference points for the procedure.
- Extracting the damaged tooth, followed by a small incision into the gum. Afterward, a small hole is made in the jawbone where the implant is to be placed. An abutment is then screwed onto the implant, on which a temporary, artificial tooth is placed.
- This temporary tooth will then get stitched up with dissolvable stitches and stay in place until the permanent tooth is available.
- After the surgery, you will follow up with us in a few days. You will be encouraged to stay on a soft food diet for several weeks and to refrain from caffeine or tobacco consumption.
- Once the implant site has finished healing and the implants have completely stabilized, the temporary teeth are removed and replaced with your new set of teeth.
If you are in need to significantly improve the overall look and ability to speak and chew, these dentures are much sturdier and do not require any type of adhesive. They are also removable allowing patients to easily remove them whenever is needed or necessary. For more information about our dental implants, as well as our implant-supported dentures, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team.
How Do I Care For Dental Implants?
Preventative dentistry is an essential part of caring for your dental implants. Brush at least twice a day with a toothbrush that has soft bristles. It is also important to floss regularly in order to clean hard-to-reach places on or around your teeth. Avoid eating hard foods that could potentially damage your dental implants.
For more information on our Port Jervis dental implant services or to schedule a same-day appointment, please give us a call at (845) 209-2500 or contact us online today.
Aesthetic Family Dentistry
- Monday - 8am to 6pm
- Tuesday - 8am to 6pm
- Wednesday - 9am to 6pm
- Thursday - 8am to 6pm
- Friday - 9am to 5pm
155 East Main Street
Port Jervis, NY 12771
Why We're Patient's First Choice
Our Values & Conveniences
Most Insurances Accepted
We work closely with many insurance companies to ensure your dental health. Give us a call today to find out how we can work with your insurance company.
Creating Beautiful, Healthy SmilesGentle, thorough examinations done by our award-winning team. Whatever your dental needs are - general or cosmetic - we make sure you get the best care possible.
Latest TechnologyWe are constantly updating our dental practices and equipment. Stop by and check out our latest upgrades, from our newly renovated office to our state-of-the-art sterilization center.
Convenient AppointmentsEarly morning, lunchtime, or late afternoon - whatever suits your schedule, we can accommodate. We know how important your time is, so we promise you little or no wait in our office.
Convenient LocationCentrally located in Port Jervis, NY and easily accessible from Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA and Sussex County, NJ.
Membership PlansDon’t have insurance? Don’t worry, we have Membership Plans to help you afford to keep up with your dental health. Ask us about it today.